Trend Watch: Pantone’s Color of the Year 2013 – Emerald!
|December 20, 2012||Posted by Rachael under Home Trends|
As 2012 comes to a close, it’s time to look toward the not so distant future to 2013. In anticipation, Pantone has released their 2013 color of the year: Emerald!
For those not in the know, Pantone is a printing company best known for their color matching system. This system is used to create universal colors across many industries, including print advertising, clothing design, and home décor manufacturing. This helps keep colors consistent in production, so if two factories are making one pillow style, the colors will be the same no matter where they are produced.
Below, we’ve highlighted a variety of ways you can stay on trend and incorporate emerald into your home. From little additions to big changes, emerald is sure to look fantastic even after 2013 is over.
1. Painting your kitchen cabinets emerald green compliments your stainless steel appliances.
4. Emerald green subway tile in the bathroom pairs well with printed wallpaper and porcelain fixtures.
5. Or take the subway tile all the way to the ceiling like in this shower from the Hotel Praktik Ramba in Barcelona.
6. Jazz up your white or beige shower with a Grohe Starlight Showerhead in Eco Green.
7. Light up your child’s room with this green flowered lamp.
8. Don’t forget the walls. A nice shade of emerald helps other patterns in the room pop, like this pink headboard.
How have you incorporated emerald into your home décor? For more ideas, see our Emerald in the Home Pinterest Board.